How about a cookie recipe for your Monday blues? If only you could just grab this through your screen and take a bite! There’s nothing to these cookies. Truly, they’re very easy to make.
I almost had everything in my kitchen. The only ingredient I needed to buy was the toffee candy bar (Heath bar). So next time you go grocery shopping just go to the candy aisle so you have them on hand when you have time to bake. Easy Peasy.
1 cup butter
1 cup packed brown sugar
1/2 cup grandulated sugar
2 teaspoons baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon vanilla
1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
3 cups regular or quick-cooking rolled oats (if using quick oats, add 1 tablespoon of milk in the step 4 below).
2 1.4 oz chocolate covered toffee candy bars, chopped. (I used Heath Bars)
1 cup milk chocolate chips
1/2 chopped pecans
- Preheat oven to 350°
- In a skillet over the oven, heat the butter. Heat until butter starts to turn golden brown (about five minutes). Pour into small bowl and set aside to cool for about 3 minutes.
- Meanwhile in a large bowl with an electric mixer stir together the sugars, baking powder, and salt. Add in the butter. Mix on high for 30 seconds.
- Beat in eggs and vanilla.
- Beat in flour and oats. Lastly, add the chopped candy bars, chocolate chips, and pecans.
- Round out tablespoons of the dough onto a cookie sheet.
- Bake for 8-10 minutes
- Let cool on cookie sheet for 2 minutes before removing onto cooling rack.
I hope these didn’t make you too hungry and cured your Monday blues!
- Recipe from Better Homes and Gardens